A Certified Safety Professional (CSP) with over 17 years of experience in Occupational Health and Safety, Karen leads our special projects team of safety specialists, industrial hygienists, and technicians. Karen’s unique experience provides OneSource’s clients with practical knowledge in Health and Safety Compliance. Karen’s focus is developing effective Safety Culture programs, assessing, and reducing risk in order to help companies secure profits and protect their assets.
Karen holds a B.S in Toxicology from University of Louisiana at Monroe and M.P.H Environmental Health Science, University of South Carolina.
Karen and her husband Mike, along with their son live in Baton Rouge and are avid LSU fans, members of Krewe of Tucumcari and enjoy spending their time at the football and baseball fields watching their son and visiting with their 3 adult children and their families. Karen regularly attends St. Thomas More Church with her family.
Awards & Honors
- Safety Professional of the Year: Greater Baton Rouge ASSP (2019)
- Langlois & Weigand Award Winner: Greater Baton Rouge ASSE (2014)
- President’s Award: Greater Baton Rouge ASSE (2013)
- API Custer Primos Award Winner: University of Louisiana at Monroe (2000)
- British Studies Program Participant: University of Southern Mississippi (1999)
- Conference Presenter: Region VI VPPPA Conference
- President: Greater Baton Rouge ASSE (2009-2010)
- Executive Board Member: Greater Baton Rouge ASSE (2008 – 2013, 2020-2021)
- Committee Chair:
- Greater Baton Rouge ASSE Golf Tournament Chair/Co-Chair (2007-2021)
- Greater Baton Rouge ASSE Program Chair (2007 – 2008)
- Greater Baton Rouge ASSE Awards & Honors Chair (2014 – 2015)
- Health & Safety Committee Member: Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance (GBRIA)