A highly accomplished safety and health professional with over eighteen years of experience in industrial health and safety, Brent leads OneSource’s Industrial Hygiene Practice Area. With an extensive and successful career in the United States Navy, Brent retired from the Navy with 23 years of service. In his last operational command, Brent was the executive level subject matter expert on a 3-star Navy admiral’s staff responsible for providing strategic leadership and guidance to senior level safety managers throughout the U.S. Navy Submarine fleet on occupational safety, occupational health and industrial hygiene. He specialized in regulatory compliance with global occupational health and safety standards, workplace inspections, employee exposure monitoring, incident investigations, safety and health training programs, and emergency response.
As the Director of Industrial Hygiene for OneSource EHS, Brent is responsible for the technical requirements and execution of comprehensive IH projects to include exposure monitoring for chemical, biological and physical hazards and performing similar exposure group (SEG) analyses. He assists clients in the development and implementation of tailored Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene programs. Brent is also responsible for expert consultation as it relates to OSHA compliance, industry standards and best practices, and mishap investigations.
Brent holds a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Toxicology and a Master of Science Degree in Public Health with numerous certifications and awards. Brent and his family relocated from Virginia, He and his wife, Kathleen reside in Prairieville with their two children. Both Brent and his wife volunteer with Blue Star Families.
Professional Memberships & Participation
- Veteran, United States Navy
- Member, American Conference Governmental Industrial Hygienist (ACGIH)
- Member, American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP)
- Member, American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
Awards & Recognitions
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (Cert ID# 11835)
- Certified Safety Professional (Cert ID #34747)
- Two Navy Meritorious Service Medals
- Four Navy & Marine Corps Commendation Medals
- Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt